AXIOM Examinations (AX200) is an intermediate level course, designed for participants who are familiar with the principles of digital forensics, and seeking to use Magnet AXIOM for their investigations. At the conclusion of the four-day training event, participants will have the knowledge and skills they need to acquire forensic images from computer and smartphone evidence; configure AXIOM Process to recover the most-relevant artifacts; use AXIOM Examine to explore the evidence in greater depth, simplifying analysis activities by intuitively linking facts and data; and, preparing key artifacts for collaboration with other stakeholders. Each module of instruction employs extensive scenario-based exercises, to reinforce the learning objectives, and further enhance the participant’s understanding of AXIOM’s functionality, and its application within the forensic workflow.
- Installation of AXIOM and its core components, AXIOM Process and AXIOM Examine
- Configuration of AXIOM Process for the acquisition and processing of digital evidence, including the Single Stage Evidence Processing capabilities of AXIOM
- Analyzing case data in AXIOM Examine
- Utilization of hash sets, keywords, regular expressions, and filters to identify key artifacts
- Navigation within the evidence set, using the Artifact, File System, and Registry explorer functionality
- Application of bookmarks, tags, and comments to prepare case evidence for exporting and reporting
- Using AXIOM Examine visualization tools to emphasize user behavior patterns
- Enhance participant understanding of key artifacts; their locations and formats; the user and system behaviors which created them; and, the manner in which AXIOM recovers them
- Building intuitive reports and sharing and managing portable cases with stakeholders
To register for this course, click here.